A scrappy life!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006




Happy Eid !!!!




....Well the month of Ramadhan has flown past, I am a little sad to see it over again, it is such a blessed time and as usual I really did not take advantage of it as I should have!!! Today we celebrated Eid -ul-Fitr. Whopee.. I wore my princess style dress again (traditional Moroccan gown) Well its kind of the only time to really get dressed up! Hubby and his friend went this morning to the congragational eid prayers at the mosque, and then we had a nice breakky of croissants (about 6 different kinds, eggs, etc) at.......12:30pm!!!!

I spent a good three hours cooking lunch which we ate at 6pm!!! Due to the mix of cultures I dressed as a Moroccan, but cooked as an Iranian!


I got Ibrahim a few more pressies than planned...well I could'nt resist..even though a globe is a very useful gift I am not sure it has the WOW factor that the Power Rangers doo daa that I got him has...(and I promised I would never buy any chid of mine those kind of toys..lol) I couldn't wait to see his little face in the morning, and actually woke him up myself when he was sound asleep (evil mother that I am). Had my camera a the ready too.
He was thrilled o bits with his gifts, bless him!! (I managed to get i on camera too!!) He kept saying thank you and hugging us, and saying his presents were 'cool' it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!!!!
Anyways here a few pics taken really late at night we were all so tired but I had to have some to post for all of my blogging friends!!!!
Look at Ibrahims teeth!!!!! His adult teeth are begining to come through!!
Anyway I will post some pics of the Eid cards I made a bit Later as Blogger wont post any more pics!!!!
xxSaffa

4 Comments:

At 8:17 pm, Blogger Oblibby said...

Saffa, you all look amazing. Love your princess dress. Must get some Moroccan and Iranian recipes from you - I love cooking and love North African/Middle Eastern food.

Happy Eid!!!!!

xoxo

 
At 8:28 pm, Blogger BondGirl said...

Wow your dress is beautiful and it sounds like you were very busy.

And doesnt your little man look so grown up!

 
At 8:53 am, Blogger Kathy said...

What great photos Saffa. Your dress is gorgeous - fantastic colours - you should do a scan or photo of the fabric - it would make a great background paper.....
Ibrahim looks so cute there.

You certainly made a meal out of being able to eat in daylight then hahahahahaha

 
At 9:44 am, Blogger Rachel said...

Saffa thank you for sharing your day - it sounds lovely and awww bless your son. "cool" must be in the "word" at the mo - because Charlotte keeps using it too!. Great cards - your so talented x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home