A scrappy life!

Friday, April 06, 2007

Just a quick hello!

Hello everyone, thanks to all of you that have poped in to my blog recently! There has been a reason for my lack of blogging. Apart from being mega mega busy with my studies and my work we had some bad news three weeks ago. My father in law who had been visiting family our in Saudi Arabia had been hit by a car as he crossed the road. Three weeks on and he is still in a semi-coma state. He has started to move his hand and feet and my DH Abdellatif who flew out is sure that his father hears them. Unfortunately the MRI scan showed some brain damage, but we will not know the extent for a very long time and recovery will be along process.

As you can imagine, in times like this blogging falls straight to the bottom of the need to do list as does crafting I'm affraid. It is difficult sometimes to come to terms with things like this but we must put our trust in God. Often there may be great good in something that appears bad to us. The family are coping as best as they can and it is good that MIL and her kids are all together. We didn't tell the family back home in Morocco until two weeks later as we were waiting for something conclusive to say so it has been hard on them too!

I will try and get back to some crafting and blogging. I would ask you to make a prayer for the continued recovery of my FIL who (mashallah/ God bless him) is the very best of men.


xxSaffa

3 Comments:

At 9:36 pm, Blogger maggieb said...

Saffa i'm sorry to hear about your FIL i hope he gets better soon.My thoughts are with you & your family take care

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger Paula said...

Sorry to hear about your FIL Saffa - he has my best wishes for a good recovery.

Paula
XXXXX

 
At 7:01 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

Hi Saffa
Just checking in with you to see if there's any more news of your FIL yet?

Hoping that there is good news soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home