A scrappy life!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Out of the comfort zone!

This week's Daring Cardmakers dare was set by Tracie..one of our brides to be!! She wanted us to step out of our comfort zones, to through away those security blankets, to try something different!

Well here are my interpretations. I'm quite happy with this first card! I never use 'shapes' so I decided to make a round card for my gran who has just come home from hospital after about 6 months! I also used a die that I bought and was well really unsure about ever using! I used a plate to draw around fr the card, the brown paper is BG Lillykate and the pink is Making Memories paper as are the flowers. The blue bloom is Junkitz and the buttons are Papermania. I think the ribbons are from Self-Addressed but I can't be sure! I used a wizard die for the little frame which I really love, I spritzed the card with some embossing solution t help make bring out the embossing then I rubbed in a bit of black ink and some bronze perfect pearls and I think the effect isn't half bad!


Ukh not to keen on this card....I bought a lot of sequins and really find it impossible to use any and have gazillions of the things lying about! SO here is an attempt to use them..which kind of proves that they should stay in the box. I am by the way now safely back in my comfort zone and don't plan on coming out in a hurry!!Make sure you check out the DCM blog and have a look at the gorgeous creations the ladies have come up with!

On another note I am God willing starting my course......next Saturday! Yay..still working on getting a refund on the course from hell via the card company so fingers crossed!

xxSaffa

16 Comments:

At 12:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're being too hard on yourself about the sequins! I'm right there with you on how I feel about them, but you have shown perfectly how to make the best of them, I really like that card! And the first one is just beautiful.

 
At 12:43 pm, Blogger Pearl said...

Lovely cards both ! The sequin card is lovely ! the kind you can make more similar ones of quickly when in need ! lol

ttfn, Pearl

 
At 12:46 pm, Blogger BondGirl said...

I love both cards. The round card is so unusual and I love the little frame. The sequin one is so sparkly and pretty!

 
At 12:50 pm, Blogger Rhi said...

The circle card is so cool! Such a fantastic idea and I love the way you've done it. I think you've made the sequins look really great on the second card, and thats 3 less to store now!

I hope your new course goes ahead as planned. Rhi xxx

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Lythan said...

I think both cards are lovely Saffa. The sequin card is not over elaborate which suits their bling and the circle one is just perfection. I have some of that ribbon so i think it is from SA kit!

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger Andrea C (Frog) said...

Love them Saffa whoever receives them will love it.

Andrea xx

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger Deanne said...

i adore your circle card, its gorgeous. x

 
At 4:35 pm, Blogger Em said...

Saffa both cards are just lovely, but I think the circle one is my favourite...

Postive vibes and fingers crossed for your course Saffa, I really hope it goes to plan for you this time!

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

I love your round card - that is SO far out of my comfort zone that I never even thought of trying a different shape for the base card - well done You!
The sequin one is really pretty, I bet when it catches the light it really sparkles. I don't know what it is about those things though - they do seem to multiply don't they.

Like that other stuff that appears in my stash box without me ever actually buying any - confetti...

 
At 10:23 am, Blogger Sheila said...

They are both fab Saffa. I don't like sequins much either but your card is really sweet.

 
At 10:01 pm, Blogger maggieb said...

Both cards great Saffa i love the circle one. I just wish i had half the talent people has on hear.

 
At 11:31 pm, Blogger Gillian said...

ooooh, ahhhhh.... Saffa.. I just love your circle card.. it's so gorgeous!!!.. how cute is that little frame you made..

 
At 1:09 pm, Blogger Jo said...

both yummy cards, the first one is my fav, so funky :) I think though that you have done an amazing job with the sequins and made a really pretty card :)

jo xx

 
At 3:21 pm, Blogger Esther said...

Gorgeous cards, especially like that circle one! fab use of colours! also come to tell you about my goody giveaway, please stop by to complete the sentance. www.starcreations.blogspot.com
cheers

 
At 9:46 am, Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

I'm naughty, I haven't had time to blog hop at home as I get too tired by evening so as I'm bored at work I'd thought I'd stop by while I'm wide awake!!!

I so love this card. I want it!!!
The colours are really clever together & the sytle is unique.

 
At 7:24 am, Blogger Keryn Campbell said...

Isn't it weird how we all like different things as the card that is calling out to me with it's lovely shiney colours is your second one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home