A scrappy life!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Time for a song...dare 7!

Today was Kel's turn to set the Daring Cardmakers their challenge. The card had to include Lyrics from a song and NO Happy birthday was not acceptable!!

Here is my go! I used Bette Midlers 'wind beneath my wings' I love that song. Now with this card I thought I would try a bit of stamping and chalking which I haven't done in ages and ages. On white cardstock I used some Hero Arts stamps with Versemark inks then chalked them! The butterfly is a wizard die cut from vellum and brushed with some perfect pearls. I used some alpha stamps using the same technique. And then just embelished with some little metal sparklies from Iran!!

12 Comments:

At 11:06 pm, Blogger Lythan said...

What a fantastic effect that is. Your card looks as light and airy as the butterfly!

 
At 5:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did an absolutely BEAUTIFUL job on your card. I love it!

 
At 7:15 am, Blogger Pearl said...

What a beauT! such fabulous work !

 
At 8:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card Saffa

 
At 2:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Saffa, so soft and delicate, I love it, Rhi x

 
At 2:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Saffa

I am so glad I've found your Blog at last. I heaqrd a bit about the Daring Dalliances of you ladies but I had no idea you would be turning out such STUNNING things.

Absolutely gorgeous.

My favourite Bette Midler song has always been The Rose - makes me fill up everytime I hear it for no particular reason!!!

Golad the Dares are going well ... keep it up and drop me a line soon

Love and hugs
Nicki (aka Zug Stitcher)

 
At 9:16 am, Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card & vey beautiful song you chose too!!!

 
At 8:15 pm, Blogger BondGirl said...

gorgeous card Saffa, the butterfly is so delicate!

Wind beneath my wings is one of my favourite songs

 
At 9:48 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Great card,I love that song.

 
At 11:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saffa, this is such a pretty card.. so delicate and beautiful. I'm sure who ever recieves it will treasure it forever.

 
At 9:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this card Saffa - so delicate and sooo effective!

 
At 8:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely card Saffa, is that a wizard butterfly?

Andrea

 

Post a Comment

<< Home