A scrappy life!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dare 6..

Well this week the daring cardmakers culprit was Jo!! Thanks Jo!! Actually when I first saw that the dare was doodling I thought YAY!! Well I found it much harder than I thought and I'm not all too pleased with the out come. But hey ho! Thus is crafting sometimes you have it and sometimes you just don't! And this week was a don't week!


The process of this card was actually really fun just didnt come together as planned. I got the inspiration from some free christmassy doddle bug papers that came free wit he Scrapbook Inspirations mag. I doodled the background paper using three different colour pens. I then cheated..I scanned the image which was originally purple, green and blue. I tiled it on an A4 sheet and then messed about with the colour cast and it came out pink, green and red.

The font is Rebekahs Birthday which you can find free on the net..thanks Jo for the link! I matted the greeting on some card I printed on so I could match the exact colours of he back ground (smart huh!) Bit of ribbon some bling a few paper parcels and hey presto!

This card looked soooooo good in my head....why does that happen. I have seen lots of scrapbook pages with this wavy free hand writing thing going on! Even saw some paper like it so that was my inspiration The papers are from a DCWV paper stack! I jut ripped a whole lot stuck them down and then machine sewed the edges. I ripped some red cardstock and hand drew the greeting as well as the heart and stuck it down using foam pads for dimension added a junkitz flower and the heart and hey presto!

So that was it..I MUST MUST MUST try and practice the whole doodling thing much much more..

Now if you haven't already you simply have to go check out the blog the girls have excelled themselves this week and I am slightly green at the moment of the doodling talent out there!!

8 Comments:

At 11:52 pm, Blogger Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Saffa - I don't think your doodling needs any more practice - I think these cards are just completely fantastic - you are just sooooooooooo talented.

BTW - just seen your family piccies in the post above - they are really lovely. Felt a bit sad reading about you missing your family - I feel like that yet mine are only 100 miles away :-(

If I had my way I would have all the members of my family living close by for easy visits - it's a shame life isn't that easy!!

Take care

Debbie
xxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 12:07 am, Blogger Gillian said...

Saffa, Your doodling skills are fantastic I don't know what your talking about... I just sat gobsmacked at the birthday one, all of that doodling..and what a great idea scanning it..the colours came up great. loved the second one also, your lettering was Fab...
My family all lives away, so I know the lonely heartache for them, Bless you for your love and loyalty for your family...

 
At 8:24 am, Blogger Lythan said...

Ahem, you are going to have to have another talking too about lack of confidence. Those doodles are AWESOME but I wouldn't expect any less of you!

I love your tributes to your family - and you and your sisters are all so beautiful!

 
At 8:53 am, Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

Think your cards are fantastic, really lovely designs & colours.
Your family pictures & your words are beautiful.
You should get those photos scrapped into a beautiful floral doodled page. cheat like I did & stamp the flowers first & doodle around them in gel pens.
I did a layout of the 5 favourite things in my home it is a house with windows & a door. The flowers are all in the sky & along the front of the house. It is in my flickr pic collection or in an October post in archives. Take a look when you get a spare minute for an idea.

 
At 2:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saffa, 'a don't week'? Other than 'don't' be silly, this is definitely a 'do' week. Excellent cards and your doodling is spot on!

 
At 10:45 am, Blogger Jo said...

Definitely not a don't week lol. Your cards are fab (as usual) I love all your stuff, it is always super extra fantastic so stop doubting yourself!!!!!! You are Great!!!!

Jo xx

 
At 6:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards!

 
At 11:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saffa your cards are amazing as always hun xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home