A scrappy life!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Dare 2....

So this week sees the launch of dare 2 from the daring cardmakers . This weeks dare was ALL Janes fault....now when she said dare she really meant it! The challenge was to make a card on any theme (so far so good)....using stuff from the kitchen (thud....yes it took a while to pick our jaws up from the floor) But after some recovery time the team came up trumps and produced some cracking cards using the most inventive stuff from plastic milk bottles to tooth picks!!!!!


Here are my efforts for this week..

On this card I used a sizzix die to cut out the sunflower, I used mung beans for the centre and covered them in Glossy Accents, I inked and mounted the flower using foam pads on the corrogated card and then inked yellow gingham paper. I trimmed it will ribbons, brads and a greeting made on my Dymo label maker.

This was a very quick card....using pearlesent (sp?) card and paper. I stuck the papers down, then used a hot melt glue gun to stick the candles...IT DOES MELT THE WAX so easy on the glue then I used a bit of ribbon and a printed greeting stuck on top with glossy accents..I must say it is not all that sturdy as wax doesnt stick very easily!!!

For card 3 I started with pink hammered card and inked the edges, then used a piece of MOD papers which was also inked. I used a circle punch to cut out the flower centre which I decorated with brown rice and a split pea!! Cut a strip of green bazill card as the stem and hand cut a little tag to which I stuck..Oh my God must I admit it...well...peel offs (now I must go wash my mouth out with soap). Everything was inked by the way lol, I stuck it all down, adding dimension by using foam pads for the flower head. I then used a few green lentils which were stuck with glossy accents for earth at the bottom of the flower stem and then hand drew stitiching around everything!!!

Next weeks is a cracker...can't wait...whopeeeeeee

xxSaffa

5 Comments:

At 11:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cards are lovely Saffa. Really beautiful

 
At 11:54 pm, Blogger monika said...

Love your cards hun. Cute X

 
At 8:45 pm, Blogger Oblibby said...

I love these cards Saffa. Really must try drawing on stitching some time, considering I can't sew to save my life.

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

Hi Saffa

well, you know I love your cards, and that I think you're far too clever by half!

Anyway, I've just tagged you with some interesting questions, can't wait to see your replies to these

 
At 2:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! This is the first time I have the possibility for accessing this site, but I am surprised for the beatiful things (your art) that I have found here. I am wrinting you from Venezuela.
This site is font of inspiration for my crafts.
Congratulations once more!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home