A scrappy life!

Friday, November 10, 2006

Dare 4..

Fantastic dare...again! It was set this week by T (AKA Bondgirl!) . Use a foreign language. This was such a great dare! The good old internet came up trumps and I was able to find 'hello' in any number of languages from cherokee to chinese hehehe.

On this card I was able use the sizzix telephone die that I have had for ages but never actually used on anything! I used ribbon for the wire. The papers are a bit of gren bazzil and the rest are from a MM small pad. I hand wrote the speech bubble..that was fun ...in english, french, russian, english again, spainsh, arabic and japanese:)

I cut out five squares using a punch everything was inked with distress ink by Ranger. Then I just played aroung with everything and stuck it down when I was pleased!

I really enjoyed making this card. I ripped the two opposing sides of some crate paper that I got free with a scrapbooking mag! Stuck it down on to an A5 card. I scanned the love translation from an english-arabic dictionary and printed it on to some beige card with I then ripped round and inked. I die cut some flowers using a sizzix dies and inked the lot-the papers are the gorgeous BG lillykate set. Finally I printed out the saying-inked it and stuck the lot down, I used foam pads for the greeting to give it a bit of extra dimension!
Don't forget to check out the

blog to see everyones amazing cards they are truly stunning!

15 Comments:

At 9:57 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

Love these cards Saffa. which MM pad is that? must be one I don't have (Kathy blushes...)

 
At 9:09 am, Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

Love the cards. I have those papers you used in the phone card & it was nice to see you used them in small squares just as I did...great minds think alike.
It is a real good dare but mine won't be ready until Monday...might do a smaller one until then...

 
At 10:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saffa your cards are lovely.x

 
At 1:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Saffa :) first thank you very much for your visit on my blog
I visit your and I'm totally fan of your work !!! I love your style !!
About the challenge, thanks for invitation ! I'm very busy, I don't know if I will be able to do each week...but I'm very tempted.
I saw the website and there are a lot of marvels !!
Thanks once again ! I keep your blog in my fav !

 
At 2:12 pm, Blogger Laura said...

Hi Saffa. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I had a chance to check out Daring Cardmakers and your blog, A Scrappy Life. I love everything I saw, so I added both sites to my blog. I look forward to visiting both sites often.

 
At 4:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THanks for visiting my blog Saffa, I'm glad you did! Love your cards

 
At 6:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabbo cards - love them both!

Tracey x

 
At 11:06 pm, Blogger Jane said...

beautiful cards Saffa.

 
At 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Saffa, Lovely cards ... I love your work ... very creative!

 
At 11:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam. I'm chiming in too to say excellent stuff. You truly have a gift mashaAllah. Thanks for visiting my blog. I will definitely be back here for some inspiration! :)

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Oblibby said...

Saffa, gorgeous as always. Love the colours, the design, everything.

xoxo

p.s. and I'll never forget when you helped me with Arabic for my bon boyage card.

 
At 10:10 am, Blogger Gillian said...

Hi Saffa,
Just love your beautiful cards, great paper!! I really like your blog too...
Thanks for droppin' by my blog, and for your lovely comments..
I really got a buzz out of doing the dare, and I'll definately do another..

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger deb said...

love your cards Saffa. Thanks for visiting my blog and giving me this link. I love it and hadn't heard of it before.

I'll check in again soon. :)

 
At 2:39 am, Blogger StampingBetty said...

wonderful creations

 
At 12:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Saffa - thanks for commenting on my blog. I just checked yours out, and you really do fabulous work. Your cards are amazing.

I'm bookmarking your blog so I can check back often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home