A scrappy life!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Dare 3.....

Yup..yesterday saw the release of Kathy's dare.. on the Daring Cardmakers blog! It was a pretty fantastic dare too I may add... (so why did I leave it till the last minute..hmm). 'A stitch in time', it had to feature real sewing not the old use a pen jobby and anything sewing related. Once again the girls have produced some cracking cards! So many different interpretations of the theme! Don't forget to check out the contributions of the dare taker-uppers (is that a word?).

Well here is my effort, and I just want to say one thing first..INTERFACING, INTERFACING, INTERFACING!! (Ok thats three things). That stuff rocks! Well I left my card a bit late in the day (11.30pm to be precise) so the sewing machine would have to stay covered in dust!

I was wandering what to do when I remembered I have a box full off curtain samples I got for 50p a piece when Allders dept. store was clossing down and selling all their fittings etc!

So I cut out some bits of different colours and ironed on some of that interfacing stuff to stiffen it up...stay with me...and then I had my eureka moment as I still had no idea what I was goig to do! I was able to run the material through the Big Shot and it cut out the flowers like a dream...believe me you WILL be seeing more fabric flowers on my cards from now on!!

WARNING: Dont try using the xyron machines to stick your flowers down...it is nigh on impossible to get them off the backing sheet without totally distroying them!!

So I stuck the flowers with a bit of glossy accents although I am sure PVA would be great too! I then used a needle to make holes for my stitching (which took ages I must add) and did the stitching with some old embroidery thread I had lying about and made a few french knots with green thread and even stitched the buttons and greeting on..no glue dots for me either!!

5 Comments:

At 10:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Saffa, thankyou so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment, but for some reason I can't upload it because there seems to be a problem with blogger at the moment, but thankyou. I have just checked out your blog and your cards are gorgeous. Have a great weekend.

 
At 11:01 pm, Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

I really love this card Saffa.
It seems so delicate. Very pretty...you can send it to me !!!!!

 
At 3:46 pm, Blogger Bex said...

Hi Saffa

Thanks for your comments on my latest project! It was a labour of love - NOT!!

Seems you are in a good creative space at the minute - I am LOVING the fabric flowers technique and will have o find some fabric and give it a go
Take care
Love Bex xxxxxx

 
At 5:08 pm, Blogger Andrea C (Frog) said...

Gorgeous card Saffa, love the stitch detail for the stems, i would love to try with my machine one day. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Andrea

 
At 12:57 pm, Blogger Godelieve said...

I really love this! So pretty with the stitches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home