A scrappy life!

Friday, November 17, 2006

If Only.....

I have pilfered a whole load of piccies from my mum and have scanned them so I can scrap them. I finished this today, I started it a bout a month ago and it is nothing like that which was in my head but I am quite pleased with it. It was quite emotional to do though! This is my Uncle, my mums brother. He tragically dies 5 days after I was born. I never new him. He is my only uncle from my mums side. Is strange because if it is possible I really miss him! Or miss knowing him.

Journalling reads " I never got a chance to know my Uncle Massoud. Tragically he died 5 days after I was born-the day before Peggahs birthday! As an only son in a family of girls he had a special place I think. His death broke my grandparents Mammy Sorour and Baba Omid. Just 5 days...just 5 days after I was born, for 5 days I had a real Diey. A maternal Unlce! I never really thought about him as a child growing up, but now as a mum myself I have started thinking about him. Peggah was lucky enough to have known him and I know he loved her. They spent time together smiling, laughing, hugs and kisses. There are photos to show. I dont have that, what I shared with Diey Massoud is sharing FIVE days on the same planet. I wonder what it would have been like had he lived. He would have doted on us neices and nephews I'm sure!! Perhaps he would have had kids two-other cousins. He would have had fun with us, and now if he had lived he would see my son Ibrahim! I know his life was not alwys happy as it should have been, it pains me that you suffered so much in your short life now especially since I can glimpse in to some of that pain. I wish I had memories of you like Peggah. I wish I had keepsakes and photos of us laughing and smiling together. I wish you had lived to see me and us cousins growing in to men and women. I wish you had met my husband and son. I wish you had not felt so desperate and pained. I wish you had lived and I really really wish I'd had the chance to know you!! "

I miss you Diey Massoud, may you rest in eternal peace and blessing!(Ok I am going to stop with this now as I'm welling up again!)

Even though it looks yellow this is actually a kind of green paper from the fatastic Basic grey Urban Couture papers. I cut the bird out of another BG UC paper, MM velvet letters, papermania metal letters, MM alpha stamps. And lots and lots of journalling with my zig pen!

xxSaffa

10 Comments:

At 12:44 am, Blogger Bex said...

Saffa

This is beautiful.
The words are beautiful.

A bit not knowing what to say in fact

Love and hugs
Bex xxxxxxx

 
At 12:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Layout Saffa, so heartfelt and full of feeling, I can understand why it took a month. Sending hugs, Love Rhi xxx

 
At 9:06 am, Blogger Kelly K said...

I'm with Bex - can't actually say much , other than it's absolutely beautiful, in both design and sentiment x

 
At 12:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My darling Saffa
If uncle Massoud was alive, he would have been so touched by your warm and loving words and so proud of your artistic abilities.
The card is so beautiful...all the details, the thought and the words are wonderful.
Thank you from all of us.
lots of love
Mummyxxxxx

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

Saffa, this is beautiful and a real tribute to your lost uncle. What lovely smiling eyes he has in the photo.

No wonder your mum left that lovely message.

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

Very special design. Fitting tribute for someone so well loved. One quite close to my heart too, as I have a picture I want to scrap of my brother in law, Nigel, who died two years ago. I haven't been brave enough just yet!!!!!

 
At 11:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Saffa, thanks for visiting, I managed to sort my comments out, Love your layouts just so gorgeous. Love your watering can I did one with Daisy D's pp.

I use mounting tape, to do my 3Ding, it works really well, there are a lot of different types, just try a few, and see what suits you.

I have you have a great week Saffa, and will link you to my blog.

Best Wishes
Carole.

 
At 12:50 am, Blogger Joanne Bain said...

HI Saffa
Thanks for popping by my blog. This is truely a beautiful layout, you have done such a terrific job.
I use 3D mounting foam squares on my layouts. Hope that helps you out a little.
Have a great day
JOanne

 
At 10:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi saffa. thanks for dropping by my blog. that is such a beautiful layout and so is the journaling.

 
At 10:26 am, Blogger Gillian said...

Saffa this is just beautiful..
every part.. it's a credit to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home