A scrappy life!

Friday, February 23, 2007

What a week!

To start off....here is my card for this weeks dare. I have not taken part due to my course but I will get to that in a moment!


Kathy set this fab fab dare for the Daring Card Makers blog 20:20 vision. You must make a card on any theme but it must use 20 of something!

So this is what I came up with:

I used brown card-stock and cut out twenty flowers using a think cuts die. The rub on words are SI. The colours are a bit off I'm afraid!

That is the first bit of crafting I have done in ages and ages. The reason was me starting an intensive teacher training course so I could teach English to beginners! Well there have been some rather sickening developments on that front.

The four week course is accredited by an examination board called Trinity. There are two accreditation boards which are recognised worldwide for this TEFL qualification the other is Cambridge. You can get unacreddited courses however they are not well recognised and the basically to get a good job here or abroad it should be accredited.

So I signed up for my Trinity Tefl in January and have been sooo excited! The first week was well not great as the teacher who was new himself to this centre left after 3 days! He told us the reasons would become apparent and boy have they! So after a mish mash of a first week we really got stuck in and it was really hard work, alot of blood, sweat and tears. So we began week three and on Tuesday discovered to our horror that in fact the course was not accredited even though it was and still is advertised as such. WOW we were dumbstruck. The examination board were adamant that the accreditation had be withdrawn as of 31 December 2006!!!!!!!!

So there we 13 are in total shock. Basically all the effort we have out in is worthless as we have to start all over again and the work will not be retrospectively accredited! Plus it looks like we may never get a refund as the whole school appears to be a sham! the guys has people wanting money left right and centre.

We have tried speaking to him and he can talk for England but say nothing of significance. Basically he is a con man, and has our money, won't return it..oh I could go on and on and on but we feel like we have had the wind knocked out of us! We now have to find the money and time to do it all over again!

So we are looking to see if we can get a reputable establishment to accommodate those of us who still want to continue. It is terrible there are those who have come from abroad, and those of us who have stopped work and hoped to be working my March!!!!!

Well that's that...I will keep you informed as it is quite a saga and we will be seeking legal redress!!

So that's me..on a plus side there are some projects I would like to get done so hopefully more crafting time.

xxSaffa

13 Comments:

At 5:50 pm, Blogger Lythan said...

I'm so sorry about all the mess you are in Saffa. it really isn't fair. It may sound a bit trite to then say I love your card. But I do. {hugs}

 
At 6:36 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

This is all such a mess saffa, you must be shocked, angry and upset among every other feeling there is going. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get some sort of satisfaction over all this.

But, from a purely selfish stance, it's wonderful to have you back crafting and your card is both bright and beautiful!

 
At 8:15 pm, Blogger Card Bored Kitty! said...

What an awful time you've been having. Its horrible to think that there are people like that out there who have no qualms about taking your money and not coming up with the goods. I think its a credit to you that you have had to go through all that and yet you still produce such a gorgeous card! Well done!

 
At 12:29 am, Blogger Gillian said...

What a shame Saffa.. I hope all this sorts out for you. It's a tough time for you, and I hope the stress of it all doesn't affect you & your family too much..

gorgeous card Saffa.. really love your design, it's stunning!

 
At 11:24 am, Blogger Rhi said...

What a horrible situation Saffa, I do hope you get some justice.

It really is lovely to have you back creating and your card is beautiful, I love the zingy colours.

 
At 5:18 pm, Blogger Wendy - Anntaurus said...

So sorry to read about your troubles Saffa.

I love the Dare card - such wonderful bright colours, gorgeous.

 
At 7:28 pm, Blogger Oblibby said...

I'm so mad at that place for mucking you around, Saffa - I know how much you were looking forward to doing the course. I really hope you manage to get something sorted out with an accredited course.

Love the card xoxo

 
At 10:51 pm, Blogger Em said...

Saffa that is so awful, I cannot believe that they can do this to you after all your hard work and effort - it is just not fair.....

Changing the subject though.... I am loving your card - the colours are fab, well done you.

 
At 6:21 am, Blogger Andrea C (Frog) said...

Lovely card Saffa so full of colour, hope you get things sorted.

Andrea xx

 
At 11:49 am, Blogger Jo said...

{{{{hugs}}}} That is so pants. I really hope that you manage to get something sorted. Makes me so mad that there are such charlatans out there who think nothing of stealing money and time and hard work from you :(

I do love your card, all those bright funky colours are supposed to be the next big thing in the fashion world - on men lol good to see you crafting again

jo xx

 
At 1:21 am, Blogger Flower said...

Love the vivid colors on your card! Very cool.

What is not cool, is that "school." Is there no where to report them? Even a local tv station might like to do an investigation report. I don't know if they do that where you live, but they do here and crack scandalous businesses like that. I hope you get your money back and have the stamina to start a new class.

 
At 6:50 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

Saffa, that is disgusting!! You must be gutted ;o( I hope you get it all sorted soon.

I am loving the card too!

Lisa
x

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger Paula said...

What a complete waste of everyones time and money, no wonder you are so angry. And how mean of the tutor not to say anything when he left!

I hope you get it sorted, and glad to see you back crafting

Paula
XXXXX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home