A scrappy life!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So much going on!

Phew its been a busy old week...actually its been a busy month or so! BIG DCM NEWS: We have the absolute pleasure of having Lynne join us as a full time DCM designer. We are so chuffed and we will get to se loads of her fab fab fab creations! So welcome aboard Lynne!

Today is the DCM little extra. This week it was primary colours! I had a great time with this card and went a little overboard with the walnut ink so it looks a little dirtier than I had intended!

FIL is still is still in intensive care. There are some serious problems with his lungs as well as other issues so continuing prayers would be much appreciated. I found this picture of him when he and MIL came to visit back in 2005. I love this photo I hope and pray to God that we will again be able to share moments like this!

Well Ibrahim started his new school today (yes I'm about to get all motherly so reach for a bucket as I've been gushing for two days over my boy) Yesterday was a well needed trip to the barber. We just popped in to a new place and he gave Ibrahim a great cut-although my kid sister said that its geeky....well I think that (mashallah) he looks gorgeous! So here is a before photo from Sunday morning at the park and an after photo from yesterday!























And here is my boy..you can now actually see his face hehe......
I really love this photo and it is going into my box of pics to scrap..that is an ever growing mountain!!!! I'm really pleased that he has been excited about starting his new school! I think it helps that he already knows one of the boys in his class. The last week or so was spent kitting him out...WOW uniforn isnt cheap, but we found a blazer at the thrift shop at the school for the grand sum of £8 which saved me about £90 would you believe!! Everything is labeled including socks as Ibrahim is as scatty as they come! He will lose anything! Anyway Ibrahim this morning looking all smart (Im sure he wont look like this when I go to collect him!!) My boy is all grown up..I don't know where the time has gone!!!!












































And if you have got to the end of this post..well done!!!!! Go take a well earned rest of go make a card for the DCM challenge!!

xxSaffa

7 Comments:

At 3:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cor, what a handsome lad you have there! I hope he enjoyed his first day at the new school : ). And fabulous card, so colourful.

 
At 4:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my gorgeous nephewwwwwww!!!!! im totaly gutted that you cut his hair, i love it when its all long and satiny and he cant see where hes going....he looks so cool with it long! short is fine also, i know yr quite into that geeky look saf, so i totally understand....afterall the whole family matching in style is a nice touch ;) :P jokes :P im so proud of him too, mashallah....hurry up with the next one sis....soon he'll be off to 2ndry school, then yll REALLY feel old! xxxxxxx much love

 
At 8:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:01 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

awwwww Saffa, what fab photos - he looks just so edible, doesn't he?

Those eyes!!!!!!!!!!

Still rooting for your FIL and hoping he comes through hugs to you all

 
At 6:50 pm, Blogger Paula said...

Oh what a sweetie - he'll have the girls queuing up in that uniform LOL

 
At 7:24 pm, Blogger Di said...

He looks so smart in his school uniform. I hope he's enjoying it and you aren't missing him too much when he's there.

Hope your FIL is getting better

Di

 
At 2:32 pm, Blogger Gillian said...

Saffa I love your primary card.. that flower just says 'smile' lovely!.. and wonderful photo's...
praying for your FIL and your Family xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home