A scrappy life!

Friday, September 21, 2007

Gillians Dare!

So here is my card fot this weeks dare which was set by Gillian!

OK, here's this weeks dare:Let's go Charity shoppingor Op shopping (as we call it in Australia)
I DARE you to visit your local Charity Shop & make someone else's
TRASH your STASH!
.........and make a GORGEOUS card from what you find.You'll be amazed at the special little treasures you'll find if you only take the time to look with CREATIVE EYES




So I hit my local HIgh streets and went to about six charity shops and have to say I was REALLY disappointed! WHat happened to all that brik-a-brack and magpie type finds! It was all so tidy and well more like a high street chain!




Owe well I managed to find these little blighters..I guess they are some kind of moulds but no idea what for as they are tiny!



So I chose the butterfly one and this is my card the paper and diecuts were freebies from Quick and Crafty magazine. I can't say I was inspired but hey never mind!




So make sure you pop over to the Daring Cardmakers blog and take part and look at the lovely cards created by the DT

14 Comments:

At 12:15 pm, Blogger Rhi said...

I know what you mean about the charity shops Saffa, mine are like that too. Great card, I love the way you've used the little mould, Im guessing its for chocolate or something, really funky. Rhi x

 
At 12:51 pm, Blogger Hazel said...

Lovely card, Saffa. You could always make choccies with the moulds - yum! Hope you are keeping well xx

 
At 1:21 pm, Blogger Gillian said...

Ahhhh....that's what the butterfly is.. love it Saffa, really like how you put the sequins around it too, very clever!
Yes we have a couple of op shops that are all sorted and pricy too, but thankfully we still have some 'fun' ones :O)

 
At 2:57 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

Love the mix of papers you've used Saffa, and the little butterfuly looks great used that way.

 
At 5:46 pm, Blogger Leigh said...

looks great to me

 
At 6:06 pm, Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous colours, love the mini moulds. Very good find. You could use air drying clay & make little plaques for future cards.

 
At 7:52 pm, Blogger Juliet said...

Your card is gorgeous Saffa - I love what you have done to that butterfly!

 
At 8:56 pm, Blogger Jukie said...

what a great idea....no idea about the moulds unless they are for a play house!

 
At 9:06 pm, Blogger Rika said...

Fabulous card!
Wonderful mix of colors and papers.

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger Deb said...

Another great find! The butterfly looks great on your card, very pretty!

 
At 11:39 am, Blogger Lythan said...

I think this is such a sweet and clever card Saffa - a bit like you really!

 
At 1:09 pm, Blogger Barb Conroy said...

Saffa, such a colourful card. Love the little moulds you found. Lucky you!
x Barb C x

 
At 9:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab card, I love the colours.

 
At 4:29 am, Blogger Celestial Freak said...

I think those molds are for a dollhouse. they look like they're about the scale for most dollhouses that have furniture and fixtures like real houses. I'm only making that guess because my mother in law is into making dollhouses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home