A scrappy life!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dejected Morning!!!

Woke up at 5.58am! So thought I would search for a job! Well to be honest after about 2 hours I am feeling thoroughly dejected. I have come to this conclusion that after

a.Seven years of study
b.three years of commuting from Southampton to London everyday
c.waking up at the crack of dawn to get Ibrahim then 3 months to my mums before I head off,
d.carrying a breast pump around uni to express milk for Ibrahim (plus odd looks in the ladies prayer room)
e.One year spent in egypt
f.Thousands of pounds of debt

that my First Class Honours Degree is worth absolutley NOTHING and I am not qualified to do anything useful...even the Foriegn office didnt want me as a low grade admin assistant!!

So now I am wandering what the point of it all was and what the heck I am going to do with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is a pic to prove that yes I did graduate (after 7 years)

6 Comments:

At 11:01 am, Blogger Oblibby said...

Don't feel too down, Saffa. I'm sure there's a job just waiting for your skills - might just find it when you least expect it too.

 
At 6:43 pm, Blogger Kathy said...

Lisa's right. Just don't give up hope - and don't let yourself feel worthless either.
You did brilliantly well to achieve that result and you should be proud of yourself.

 
At 5:26 am, Blogger Jane said...

Aww. poor you Saffa. I'm sure something will turn up soon. Keep your spirits up.

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger Lythan said...

What was your degree in saffa? It can be very so demoralising job hunting. And sometimes being very qualified doesn't help. But keep on looking and something will come. You are obviously a very dedicated, effiecient and hard working person and someone is going to recognise that in you.

 
At 6:45 pm, Blogger Paula said...

I know what you mean, I always say the social side was a bigger education than the degree!

Can I suggest you sign up with a temp agency to be placed within a government department. It's kind of the back way in if you know what you're doing. And once you're in, you're in. Mail me if you want info ;-)

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

awww hun, dont give up hope - Im sure the perfect job is around the corner (you just need to find the right corner), and I have to say you look amazing in that photo x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home