A scrappy life!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Dare Number...5


Wow! I can't believe we are on dare number 5 already! Thats right the Daring Cardmakers has been up and running for 5 weeks. The blog is doing so well its fantastic with contributors from around the globe! Well this week was Debbie's turn to set a dare.....hmmm...nothing hard..ONLY A MENS CARD WITH RIBBON!!!!!

Now I know we ALL find men's cards so hard so this is a great challenge! It was really very good as my nephews birthday is coming up so this was a perfect way to get that done. Make sure you check out the blog to see everyones gorgeous creations!!

This is the card I made for my nephew who will be 13 in a week or two! He plays bass guitar and is a complete guitar nut..lol!! I started with a yellow piece of A4 cardstock! Added a strip of red and blue down the centre. I cut out three tags from corrugated green card. Using an ellison die I cut out the bass guitars. I made the greeting with dymo label maker. I mounted the greetings on yellow corrugated card. I assembled the lot as in the picture. I stapled the ribbon on each tag. and then stuck the tags down with foam pads!

I started with a beige card blank and stamped some circles using a hero arts stamp and versemark ink pad on to it. I cut out three strips of patterned papers (Chatterbox I think!) and inked them too. I inked the edges of the paper and card. I stuck the papers down and then stitched round using the sewing machine. I then used a sizzix die to cut out the slide mount and again used the dymo to make a greeting which I assembled and then decorated with ribbon. I used a junkitz flower and bazzil button. Two pieces of ribbon were stapled to the card and the flower was stuck down using good old glue dots. I stuck down the slide mount with foam pads.
Et voila!!

Well thats that for now! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!
xxSaffa

5 Comments:

At 2:42 am, Blogger Pearl said...

Hi Saffa from Sunny Singapore ! hey hey

Love your cards too ! very nice !

Even tho' we are so influenced by the US , I do feel my style for cards is closer to the UK way ! lol - especially in the earlier days !

 
At 4:35 am, Blogger Gillian said...

Hi Saffa,
Just love your cards.. that diecut for the guitar must be great to have, it's so cute...
TTFN Gillian :o)

 
At 7:55 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Saffa gorgeous cards as always and that LO of your uncle is amazing - and I was welling up at your stor. Can I ask where you get your yummy huge flowers from please they are lurveellyyyy xx

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger Paula J Atkinson said...

Love those cards, Saffa.

 
At 9:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always come up trumps Saffa - love these cards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home