A scrappy life!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Stamping with a twist....DARE 8!


OOh yay..its that time of week all tooo soon! The new dare from theDaring Cardmakers! This week was Keryn's turn to set the dare and did she come up with a great challenge..although to see the work the girls have produced you would never guess they felt at all challenged..hehe Keryn wanted us to stamp using anything other than commercially bought stamps..so there was plenty of scope for the imagination!

So here is my rather..erm..psychedelic card.... I was really stumped but even though nothing matches and the colours clash, I think they are miss-matched and clash in a good way? Well I started ou by trying to find something to stamp with. Well it just so happens that me and Ibrahim bought some cookie cutters (see my previous posts) so I got out the the star. I used brilliance ink in a purple colour and stamped the BACK of the cutter on to some cream card. After cutting the star out I embossed it with versemark and clear embossing powders and of course added some 'blingage' with my yummy blue gems! I used a purple card blank and masked of a checkered pattern then again just used my versemark ink pad all over. Next (are you still with me?) I covered half the card with a piece of BG romany paper GORGEOUS STUFF IT IS!!! and also a bit of Crate paper I got from a magazine! I stuck down the star with my usual foam pads. The greeting is a bit of twill ribbon stapled on to a teeny bit of chatterbox papers mounted on card then stuck down with FPs. I then hand wrote the extra greeting and stapled so ribbon on too. Et voila!! Thats it! PLEASE go check out the blog if you haven't yet as it rocks...whohoooooo


xxSaffa

12 Comments:

At 10:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the clash - it's pretty funky! I wish all crafty things had dual-use so that we could justify the cost a bit more...

 
At 11:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just love the mix of colours on this one Saffa... Great idea using the cookie cutter, have to store that one away in my mind with all of the other bits of inspiration I'm keeping for a later date.. Very cool design by the way... love it.

 
At 1:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours Saffa, you have a great eye for matching colours and patterns. Love the card :)
Rhi x

 
At 2:32 am, Blogger Keryn Campbell said...

Love the card Saffa. Yours was the only one on the blog I hadn't seen beforehand and it's definitely worth the wait.

 
At 7:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great card Saffa - and I love the geeting too

 
At 1:26 pm, Blogger Beadyjan said...

Your works always gorgeous Saffa, my friend and you have a great eye for colour.

 
At 6:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love this card.
Had trouble getting on your blog recently but all seesm okay now.

 
At 6:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love this card.
Had trouble getting on your blog recently but all seesm okay now.

 
At 3:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting Combo , Saffa !

 
At 12:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Saffa
Great card..love the colours.

Best Wishes
Joanne

 
At 10:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saffa, I love the papers you've used on this card - it's lovely.

 
At 10:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning Saffa. I love the colours.
Tracey xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home